Archway ambience: an elegant apartment for a bargain price in the heart of Archway
- Credit: The Modern House
This Archway apartment has a tardis-like sense of space and light, a private balcony and a walk in wardrobe - all for under £400k
A bright and spacious property in Archway is on the market for almost £90,000 under the average price of properties in the surrounding area. The one bedroom property on popular Holland Walk is on the market with The Modern House and is offered leasehold for £399,950.
The average price of a flat in Archway is £486,385, with properties on Holland Walk selling for £436,666 over the last twelve months according to Zoopla’s price tool.
The property measures 585 sq ft with access via an exposed brick staircase that leads into an entrance hall. This is no pokey studio flat; it comprises a double bedroom featuring a luxurious walk in wardrobe, as well as a living room, monochromatic tiled bathroom and kitchen diner.
The real wonder inside the apartment is the sense of space and light created through high cathedral ceilings that tilt asymmetrically and through the choice of light colours and minimalist décor, which highlight the sense of volume in the flat. A glazed sliding door provides access to a private balcony decorated in white brickwork in the Mediterranean style via the open and airy living area. The kitchen is contemporary, sleek and clean lined, fitted in muted white tones. Some light fittings are left exposed and others infused with on-trend brass and metallic tones.
You may also want to watch:
The apartment is found on a quiet estate lined with trees on Holloway Walk. Just eight minutes walk from Archway tube station, the owners will benefit from easy access to the City and West End via the Northern Line. Several buses leave from Holloway Road, whilst Upper Holloway station is also located nearby.
The local area offers a whole host of amenities from popular watering holes like St John’s Tavern and The Landseer, to the foodie haven at St Johns Grove Saturday market where locals can peruse the stalls and bag a bargain. Leafy Hampstead is close by for a stroll on the Heath come rain or shine whilst closer to home residents will find Highgate Village and Finsbury Park just a short walk away.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
For a flat in the heart of up and coming Archway with such ample space and light, the flat offers a buyer a holistic sense of peace away from the hubbub of the city, but within easy reach of everything the capital has to offer. Offered to the market at under £400,000, the home could provide superb first time buyer accommodation, or make a young couple a happy home for a bargain price.