A room with a BMW: the industrial apartment with a suprise in its garage
- Credit: BMW
A modern mews house currently for sale in Camden Town is putting pedal to the metal by including a car in the asking price
The owners of a ground floor apartment in Camden’s Rochester Place might have to batten down the hatches for fear of swathes of Top Gear enthusiasts knocking at the door when they hear about the nifty little toy this mews house has stashed away inside.
It’s not the prime Camden location that’s leaving other properties in the dust, nor is it the two double bedrooms with en suites and access to a patio. It’s not even the luxury industrial finish and interior décor.
No, this NW1 property is taking it up a gear because it comes with its very own BMW.
It’s not quite a sports car, but the BMW i3 2016 Range Extender still packs quite a punch.
The Telegraph deemed it ‘the best electric car this side of a Telsla’, and all but the most dedicated fossil fuel burning petrolhead would be won over by its 93mph top speed with zero carbon emissions.
You may also want to watch:
You won’t even have to look for a special charging bay, as the car can be charged in the private internal garage inside the gated development.
Those hoping to get a bid in below the asking price will be disappointed, though. The vehicle will only be included at the asking price of £1,495,000.
- 1 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 2 Prince Philip's funeral: Camden firm Levertons to make arrangements
- 3 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 'Negligence put lives at risk': £10k fine after fire at unlicensed HMO
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 Hampstead robberies: 8 locked up over crimes that terrorised north London
Should you forget to charge the car, the flat is conveniently located less than one mile from the major termini of Kings Cross and St Pancras. Perfect for a speedy escape.
The cobbled lane is just a stone’s throw away from the Overground and Underground services at Camden Road and Kentish Town respectively.
The modern mews apartment comes complete with industrial-inspired design in a fusion of contemporary and classic.
The luxury interior features exposed brick walls, 100 year old timber shelving and antique cupboard lights from Paris Paul Bert.
Bespoke Crittall style partitions, cross cut timber and rustic oak floors and cut Italian marble finish off the look.
Modern features bring the industrial feel into the 21st Century and put the finishing touches on the space. Bathrooms feature Agape sanitary-ware and a self-cleaning glass roof light.
A prime space for entertaining, the apartment has a Gaggenau bespoke kitchen with high-tech appliances and a wine fridge, and the open plan reception area is well proportioned with a large dining area.
There’s also a cloakroom for guests to hang their coats, and a private patio for outdoor fiestas. Alternatively, the flat is just moments away from the live music, pubs and independent shops of Camden. So lock up the house, stick the car on charge and rest assured that alarm system monitoring is available on your mobile phone.
Rochester place is marketed by Goldschmidt & Howland and is on the market for £1,495,000.