A private golf course with river views in central London is this Hampstead lettings agent’s dream
- Credit: Archant
Has the changing profile of renters caused lettings manager at Foxtons Hampstead Ed Rafter to elevate his property daydreams?
What’s special about your agency?
We put customer convenience first. With longer opening hours in the week, as well as being open on Saturdays, Sundays and most bank holidays, we accommodate for the busy lifestyle of our customers.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Belsize Park with my family.
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property? What’s your favourite thing about it?
I was looking for a property locally, in a strong area for capital growth, and Belsize Park was perfect. While one of the main objectives for me was to find a property which would generate a good return on investment, my favourite thing about it is the location – it’s great for families and close to the local amenities.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I have a degree in engineering and I love property, so I guess I would be designing houses!
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
In 2009, I bought a small two-bed house overlooking the park. It was a great first home, with two large double bedrooms, a driveway and close to transport links.
What’s your dream house?
A spacious house, with at least six bedrooms and a large outdoor space, perfect for living and entertaining. A swimming pool and a private golf course would be lovely, as well as the house being fitted with all modern cons and gadgets: integrated sound system, mood lighting, etc. I’d also like the house to be overlooking the Thames and located close to the central part of town. Not too demanding!
How long have you been an estate agent?
10 years and I still love it!
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
When I started my career, renting was mainly for students. Now we see a higher calibre of tenants, who also demand a higher level of service. Tenants now rent for longer, with average tenancies lasting two to three years and the industry has become more professional, with many more regulations.