A garden gym/bar studio is a real bonus for this Chalk Farm agent
- Credit: Archant
Moving from North Finchley to Chalk Farm meant dealing wtih a whole new world of property pricing for lettings agent Jess Innes
What’s special about your agency?
I think it’s great that we are an independent agency. It means we have the opportunity to provide a really personal and tailored service to each client, whether they are new landlords needing a bit more guidance or a portfolio landlord.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Finchley Central with one of my best friends.
You may also want to watch:
What’s your favourite thing about your current property?
It’s a period conversion with high ceilings and modern feel yet retains lots of character which I love. We also have a huge garden which is great for barbeques or parties and we’ve also just built a studio down at the bottom for a gym (or bar)!
- 1 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 2 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 3 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 4 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 7 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 10 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I used to run a pub and if I didn’t get into estate agency I think I would still be there or doing something in the hospitality business. Running a small B&B somewhere in the countryside maybe.
If you could buy anywhere outside London where would it be?
If I could I would love to buy a house on the beach in Barbados.
What’s your dream house?
My dream house has always been one of those huge white town houses in Belgravia with pillars outside.
What’s the most shocking thing you’ve seen on the job?
I was shocked at the difference in rental values when I started working here after coming from North Finchley – rents really vary depending on area and it took some getting used to.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
Again, my area changed so my market changed drastically. It’s very competitive here, there are always new agents opening up and others rebranding.
What are the most common mistakes clients make?
Landlords sometimes hear on the news that the rental market is exploding and rents have gone up drastically. This can leave them expecting more than their property is worth which is where we have to step in and explain that their property needs to be realistically priced in order to gain the interest which will generate a good offer.
What are your top tips for the local area?
We are located in the middle of Camden Town, Hampstead, Belsize Park and Regent’s Park so we’re spoiled for choice when it comes to things to do, eat and see. Living in any of these areas will mean you will never go a weekend bored with nothing to do; there’s Camden Market and bars, Hampstead Heath and Primrose Hill to name but a few. I haven’t come close to trying all the restaurants there are around.