A fixer-upper to put her own stamp on is the dream for this West Hampstead agent
- Credit: Archant
Chloé Ellis, director at Oakhill Residential would be an interior designer in another life, having seen all manner of wacky decor in the day job.
What’s special about your agency?
Our agency is truly built with the simple philosophy that a relationship should come before the business. We spend our time building relationships with vendors, landlords and applicants similarly and are confident that in line with our strap line, our company will genuinely be ‘Built by word of mouth’
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Totteridge, North London with my husband and two little boys.
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property?
What’s your favourite thing about it? The house we currently live in, has a fantastic garden for my children to run around in which for me is a great feature for any family house.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 5 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 6 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 7 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 8 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
If I wasn’t in agency, then I would be an interior designer, I love taking a blank canvas and trying to create something unique and special, hopefully people will feel that when they visit our new shop.
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought my first property in 2009, it needed to be completely refurbished which was a fantastic opportunity for me.
What’s your dream house?
A house that is a warm family home!
How long have you been an estate agent? What’s the most surprising thing you’ve seen on the job?
I’ve been an estate agent since the day I finished university in 2007. Focussing on lettings, I’ve seen some very strange things, but have also been fortunate enough to see some of Londons most fantastic properties with everything from walk on glass floors to slides connecting bedrooms to living rooms!!!
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
The easy answer is obviously that prices have increased, but interestingly the market has become quicker with information more readily available and people able to move things at record pace.
What are your top tips for the local area?
Good properties don’t hang around, so if you like it then I would advise that you move as quickly as possible, whether you are looking to buy or rent a property.
Are you good at Monopoly?
In this industry, you have to be...