9 autumn must-buys to cosy up your home
- Credit: Dunelm/PA
Whether you’re styling up a snug room, or just want to something comfy to curl up in now the nights have started to draw in, now is the perfect time to ‘fall’ into something luxuriously soft and snuggly. Or, you could tap into an Alpine theme and add a touch of cosy-cabin chic.
Here are some of our favourite finds...
1. Mary Velvet Chair, £899; Montserrat Ceiling Light, Gold, £450; West Elm Martini Side Table, £159, John Lewis
Why take the trouble to kit out a drinks cabinet, when you can make a classic martini like a pro - and then sip in splendour with this glamorous cocktail table and swivel chair. Cheers!
2. Super Soft Warm Fleece Throw, currently reduced to £10 from £35, Julian Charles
You may also want to watch:
Our favourite shade of grey is this elegant dove grey - and this super-soft (and utterly bargain-priced) throw would work as a spread for the bed, or look fabulous draped over an armchair.
3. Abstract Fur Cushion, £29.50, Marks & Spencer
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
M&S have it nailed with this graphic faux fur cushion, which stands out with a shot of emerald green to add texture and richness. A real winner!
4. Linea Natural Sheepskin, £45, House of Fraser
If you love the idea of padding around in bare feet and then massaging your toes into a comfy sheepskin rug, the natural beauty of this Nordic-style floor covering is simply irresistible - especially at this price.
5. George Home Small Bark Tealight Holder, £3, Direct.asda.com
Driftwood and bark always adds warmth to interiors, and with a wick to add a warming glow, you can’t wrong with this rustic tealight.
6. Wilko Heart Clock, £5
It’s not long before the clocks go back, so why not make time for a small hanging wall deco, such as this romantic design in natural wood.
7. Pumpkin Pie Dish, currently reduced to £38.50 from £55, Laura Ashley
Pumpkins are coming into season, and with Halloween just around the corner, this decorative dish would make a tasty-looking addition to any kitchen.
8. Lantern with LED Candles, £49.95, House of Bath
No need to worry about having to snuff out those pillar candles, with this statement LED lantern. Place it by the fireside, and the loop holder could even be accessorised with a tartan ribbon or sprig of Holly at Christmas.
9. Capri Rustic Owl Table Lamp, Burgundy, £42, Dunelm
This wise old bird lamp base is a work of art, as well as a decorative accessory. Teamed with a burgundy lamp shade, it’s ideal for autumn and bound to steal the spotlight.