5 of the best throws to buy in Hampstead, Highgate and beyond
- Credit: Archant
As storm Doris approaches Britain wrap up warm in one of these soft, cosy throws that come in a rainbow of colours and styles. Snuggle up!
93 Redchurch Street, E2 7DJ
Best for: injecting style from sunnier climes to your wintry home
Inspired by 1930s European Modernist textiles, the Cuzco blanket’s (£290) vaguely Aztec abstract design also calls to mind the blanket’s Peruvian namesake. Woven in fine wool and natural silk, we favour the hot toned model for its promise that summer’s just around the corner.
You may also want to watch:
Selvedge, 162 Archway Road, N6 5BB
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 8 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Best for: artisanal British products which are folksy but not at all frumpy
Designed in south London, Eleanor Pritchard’s graphic 100 per cent wool blankets (from £241.95) reference such concepts as radio transmission and Morse code, but these palpable soft, colourful throws are anything but ethereal or pretentious.
Sally Bourne Interiors
26 Muswell Hill Broadway, N10 3RT
Best for: a traditional, country house vibe
The Wallace Sewell Yosemite throw (£180) is made from 100 per cent Shetland wool, woven in vintage-inspired orange, mustard, green and brown for a comforting feel of home.
Maud & Mabel
10 Perrin’s Court, NW3 1QS
Best for: hand-crafted, rustic-look luxury
Hand woven on a loom in Spain in soft merino wool the Teixidor throw (£250) matches the look of the raw fibres with a subtle zing of primary colours in the blanket stitched edges.
135-139 Curtain Road, EC2A 3BX
Best for: graphic, contemporary styles
Highland weaving given a bold, modern twist for a dreamy combination of comfort and style is the order of the day in this merino wool throw (£130) from Green Grove Weavers, based in Strathspey in Scotland.