5 of the best spring-scented candles
- Credit: Archant
It may still be a little chilly to open the window but embrace the fresh fragrances of spring with our pick of the best scented candles on the market at the moment.
Byredo, Burning Rose candle, £50 (240g)
A deeper take on your average rose-scented candle, this comes with undertones of leather and smoky woods, adding a sophisticated note to the classic floral.
It also comes in a stylish smoked glass container, which will look great on the mantlepiece.
A limited edition 70g version is also available for £23
You may also want to watch:
Malin+Goetz, Otto candle, £27
A fresh and vibrant scent that evokes the rejuvenating nature of spring.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 10 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home
Juicy top notes of grapefruit and cardamom are balanced by geranium and rose with base notes of oakmoss and vetiver.
Carthusia, Capri Forget Me Not, £40
The fresh fruity scent of fig is perenially popular and will inspire anticipation of summer holidays as spring blossoms.
The jar is decorated with silhouetted scenes of Capri, which will look pretty even once the candle’s burned down.
Penhaligons, Vaara, £32
Penhaligons describe this newly launched candle as “a fragrance fit for a Maharaja”.
Coriander and carrot seeds, saffron and quince add an exotic aroma to any home with 30 hours burning time.
Ortigia, Florio, £27
Sicilian wild flowers narcissus, passiflora and wild iris give this candle its soft, spring scent.
Even better is the gorgeously decorated packaging emblazoned with Ortigia’s signature leopards and palm trees.
Newly available and also dreamy for spring is Ortigia’s Gelsomino candle, distilled from white Sicilian jasmine flowers.