5 of the best spring-scented candles
- Credit: Archant
It may still be a little chilly to open the window but embrace the fresh fragrances of spring with our pick of the best scented candles on the market at the moment.
Byredo, Burning Rose candle, £50 (240g)
A deeper take on your average rose-scented candle, this comes with undertones of leather and smoky woods, adding a sophisticated note to the classic floral.
It also comes in a stylish smoked glass container, which will look great on the mantlepiece.
A limited edition 70g version is also available for £23
You may also want to watch:
Malin+Goetz, Otto candle, £27
A fresh and vibrant scent that evokes the rejuvenating nature of spring.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
Juicy top notes of grapefruit and cardamom are balanced by geranium and rose with base notes of oakmoss and vetiver.
Carthusia, Capri Forget Me Not, £40
The fresh fruity scent of fig is perenially popular and will inspire anticipation of summer holidays as spring blossoms.
The jar is decorated with silhouetted scenes of Capri, which will look pretty even once the candle’s burned down.
Penhaligons, Vaara, £32
Penhaligons describe this newly launched candle as “a fragrance fit for a Maharaja”.
Coriander and carrot seeds, saffron and quince add an exotic aroma to any home with 30 hours burning time.
Ortigia, Florio, £27
Sicilian wild flowers narcissus, passiflora and wild iris give this candle its soft, spring scent.
Even better is the gorgeously decorated packaging emblazoned with Ortigia’s signature leopards and palm trees.
Newly available and also dreamy for spring is Ortigia’s Gelsomino candle, distilled from white Sicilian jasmine flowers.