Rare and classic cars revealed for St John’s Wood pageant
- Credit: Archant
The roar and growls of supercar engines will soon get pulses racing as St John’s Wood gears up for its annual supercar pageant – this year in association with the Ham&High and its sister title the Wood&Vale.
The third edition of the St John’s Wood Business Association’s classic and supercar pageant will roll back into St John’s Wood High Street this Father’s Day, on June 21, offering family fun with food, competitions and a children’s fun fair between 11am and 5pm.
The event will feature more than 50 outstanding examples of rare classics and supercars such as Steve McQueen’s iconic Porsche 917 and a long-nose Jaguar D-Type driven by Mike Hawthorn, Britain’s first Formula 1 world champion.
Car enthusiast and organizer Clive Beecham said: “The pageant brings a special ‘something’ to the High Street, as it is a relatively unique and totally free offering for the community at large”.
Mr Beecham said the show, which is free to enter, offers everyone the chance to get up close to iconic and classic motors that “raise a huge smile of affection for just being very special, cherished and relatively unique.”
You may also want to watch:
Look out for our “car of the week” each week until the pageant, where we will be featuring photos, history and analysis of one of the many star cars due to go on display at the St John’s Wood pageant.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers