Hampstead Garden Suburb Trust will return to full financial health this year
The Hampstead Garden Suburb (HGS) Trust will achieve financial health this coming financial year after several years in the red, it was announced at the annual general meeting on Wednesday (September 12).
The Trust has been in debt for around seven years due to the fact that it used to subsidise an annual management fee that homeowners pay, which is used to maintain the Suburb’s unique character.
Chairman Angus Walker, who took over at the helm of the Trust five years ago, has been working to restore the trust to full financial health.
Angus Walker said: “The Trust continues to consolidate its finances so that it can, year by year, act even more effectively in the support of charitable activities on the Suburb and in the restoration and maintenance of the Suburb’s amenities.
“It will also, it is hoped, be able to begin to tackle major issues like getting all those concerned to collaborate in restoring the hard landscaping and improving the management of the trees and horticulture in Central Square.”
You may also want to watch:
During the meeting, Prof Judith Channey stepped down as one of four elected trustees.
Claire Calman and Dr Gloria Moss, who are both candidates for the vacant position, each made a statement in support of their election bid and answered questions put to them.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 5 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 6 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 7 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 8 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
Election results will be announced on October 1.