Celebrities gather in Maida Hill to honour Sir Norman Wisdom
Bee Gee Robin Gibb and presenter Nicholas Parsons helped unveil a plaque in Maida Hill on Sunday at the house where Sir Norman Wisdom was born.
The iconic comic actor, who died last October, was born and raised in Fernhead Road and members of his family and his agent Johnny Mans were also there to unveil the blue plaque.
The event was organised by the Heritage Foundation, of which Sir Norman was the first annual president in 1995 when it was known as Comic Heritage.
Sir Norman’s son Nick, who helped unveil the plaque, said: “The family and I are absolutely delighted at this honour.
“We’re delighted people can see where Sir Norman started life.
You may also want to watch:
“This will also be very emotional for us as it is the first public do in my father’s honour since he died.
“For him not to be there with us will be tremendously sad. He would normally have got up and sung Don’t Laugh At Me and it would be such a happy time.”
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
Heritage Foundation chairman David Gordon said: “Norman Wisdom, although not a tall man, was the biggest man I have ever met.
“He was the most amazing lovely man and is sorely missed. We will never see his like again.”
Sir Norman’s grandson Lawrence Wisdom, Johnny Mans, daughter Jacqui Wisdom, Nicholas Parsons, son Nick Wisdom and Robin Gibb pictured at the plaque unveiling.