13 August 1982: Here come the floods – it s that time of year again
Yearly flooding in Kentish Town Road, which reached disaster point last week after a freak storm, will not be tackled for at least another two years says Thames Water. Mr Sidney Venning,
13 August 1982: Here come the floods - it's that time of year again
Yearly flooding in Kentish Town Road, which reached disaster point last week after a freak storm, will not be tackled for at least another two years says Thames Water.
Mr Sidney Venning, believed to be the country's oldest and longest-serving locksmith, dies at the age of 97. He joined the trade at the age of 14 in 1899 and went on to run his own shop in West End Lane, Hampstead, for 60 years.
Camden Council has sold only 64 council properties under the Government's "right to buy" scheme introduced in 1981, compared to 592 sold by Haringey and 1,658 by Barnet.
Test tube baby pioneer Professor Ian Craft closes the waiting list of parents wanting test tube babies at the Royal Free because he has been "swamped" with appeals. He leaves the hospital at the end of the year to set up a private clinic.
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet