Search

Jol discusses contract talks with star defender

14:49 21 September 2012

Brede Hangeland. Photo: Joe Giddens/EMPICS Sport

Brede Hangeland. Photo: Joe Giddens/EMPICS Sport

EMPICS Sport

Martin Jol says Fulham are working on a new deal for captain Brede Hangeland but doesn’t expect it to happen immediately.

The Norway international’s current contract at Craven Cottage expires next summer, meaning the 31-year-old will be free to talk to other clubs in January.

His defensive partner Aaron Hughes signed a new contract last week but Fulham boss Jol expects a longer wait for Hangeland.

“That will take a bit longer because we don’t talk to him every day but there will be another appointment as we try to keep him here for the long term,” said Jol.

“If that is not possible then we will try to keep him for the next two years.”

Related articles

0 comments

Latest Sport Stories

Yesterday, 22:35
Manchester United's Robin Van Persie (left) and Arsenal's Mikel Arteta (right) battle for the ball

Captain Mikel Arteta is adamant that Arsenal’s first home Premier League defeat in more than a year was thoroughly undeserved.

Tottenham Hotspur's Christian Eriksen (right) celebrates scoring the winner with Jan Vertonghen. Picture: Lynne Cameron/PA Wire.

Christian Eriksen scored a 90th-minute winner as Tottenham came from behind to win on the road in the Premier League for the second time in a row.

Saturday, November 22, 2014
Arsenal's Jack Wilshere reacts after suffering an injury during the game against Manchester United

Arsenal 1 Manchester Utd 2

Friday, November 21, 2014
Mauricio Pochettino. Pic: Anthony Devlin/PA Wire

Mauricio Pochettino admits his Tottenham tenure has not started as smoothly as he imagined in the summer, but he insists he has the support of chairman Daniel Levy.

Most read sport

The final GP in the UAE may not have been a thriller, but it did kind of sum up the season for a lot of drivers.

Protesters have been warned they are banned from setting up camp at the landmark.

John Cantlie features in the new IS video, in which he talks about a recent failed military attack.

From Britain First’s Facebook posts, you would assume they’d won the Rochester by-election. They didn’t, but they’re claiming it anyway.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hampstead & Highgate Express e-edition today E-edition