June 18 2013 Latest news:
by Tim Lamden
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Police are urging drug users in Barnet to dispose of any crack cocaine they may have bought recently after the sudden deaths of two men believed to have taken a contaminated batch of the drug.
Earlier today, a 48-year-old man, believed to be a crack cocaine user, died suddenly in Friern Barnet of suspected cardiac arrest and on Sunday a 26-year-old man died in Edgware shortly after he is thought to have taken crack cocaine.
Enquires continue and officers await the result of toxicology reports to ascertain the causes and nature of the two deaths.
Ch Supt Adrian Usher, borough commander of Barnet Police said: “We would ask drug users to be very careful and strongly advise anyone who has recently bought crack cocaine to dispose of it immediately and seek immediate medical attention if they become unwell.
“Anyone with information that might stop these drugs harming any other person can phone Barnet Police on 101 and ask to speak to Det Con Mike Paton of Barnet CID or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”